logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] supermarket in default style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Mar 17 08:09:20 GMT 2010

Hi Carlos,

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:26:07PM +0100, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> I think I found a bug in default polygons style (thanks to some comments
> from Daniela).
> Currently we have amenity=supermarket [0x08 resolution 20] in the
> default polygons style, but according to wiki [1], supermarket value is
> used for shop key.

The polygons style file also translates landuse=retail and shop=* to 0x08.
The amenity=supermarket is at resolution 21 while the others are at
resolution 20.

> As we also have shop=* [0x08 resolution 20] in default style, I propose
> to delete the amenity=supermarket line to avoid confusion.

I think it would be better to include as much stuff in the translation as
possible.  I could add a comment saying that amenity=supermarket should be
replaced with shop=supermarket or landuse=retail, but I would not remove the
translation rule.

	Marko