logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why are all the un-named peaks called '6140565'?

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Mar 15 11:52:25 GMT 2010

Hi Clinton,

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Mark Burton <markb at ordern.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey, that's a really great bug, it causes anonymous peaks to be
> > named in honour of a bus stop!
>
> This may be caused by the "def" (default value) and "height" filters.
> I believe the statement is attempting the following:
>
> 1. ${name|def:} use either the 'name' value, or as default '' (empty string).
>
> 2. ${ele|height:m=>ft|def:} Convert the elevation in meters to feet.
> If no 'ele' value is present, use an empty string.
>
> I have a feeling that the empty string part may be misinterpreted
> right now. It could be that the last value found is instead used.
>
> The relevant files are below, if you want to debug:
>
> DefaultFilter.java - called for the 'def' filter.
>
> HeightFilter.java - called for the 'height' filter (a subclass of
> ConvertFilter.java)
>
> ValueBuilder.java - instantiates the filter classes. This would be a
> good place to start.

Thanks for the info - I started to nose around in that area but haven't
got far - I shall take another look this evening.

One thing that struck me was (somewhere in that code) I saw where
it was testing to see if a passed in String value was null but it
didn't test if it was zero-length. So, like you above, I wonder if the
empty default value is causing problems.

Cheers,

Mark