logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to differentiate road types with zoom levels?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Fri Mar 12 10:06:09 GMT 2010

Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to use two different layouts for the same road on different zoom levels.
For instance a small 1pix line on lower zoom levels, and a wider 3pix line with dark borders on the highest level.
In the TYP file I use 0x00 road for the first, and 0x05 for the second. In the Style file I use:

(highway=tertiary | highway=tertiary_link) [0x00 road_class=3 road_speed=3 resolution 23-21 continue]
(highway=tertiary | highway=tertiary_link) [0x05 road_class=3 road_speed=3 resolution 24]

You can see the result here: http://sites.google.com/site/openfietsmap/zoomlevels

The processed map looks cool in Mapsource: thin lines when zoomed out, bigger lines when zoomed in.
However, the routing is now messed up (because of the continue statement?)
Is there a way to solve this?

Another question is how to adjust the road labels, for instance I like to show on the map only the ref. number
of the road, like "N224" (without using highway plates) and on the tooltip label if I point it with the mouse,
"streetname (ref)" like "Zeisterweg (N224)".

Cheers, Minko