logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distance Icon - Text (typ file question)

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Fri Mar 12 08:39:46 GMT 2010

> *From* Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de
> <mailto:mkgmap-dev%40lists.mkgmap.org.uk?Subject=Re:%20%5Bmkgmap-dev%5D%20Distance%20Icon%20-%20Text%20%28typ%20file%20question%29&In-Reply-To=%3C4B9831ED.6050607%40gmx.de%3E>
> *on* /Wed Mar 10 23:57:33 GMT 2010/
>
> selfcomment.
> >/  I think that the distance between icon and corresponding text is a bit
> />/  too large, seehttp://www.deltadelta.de/nmz/sc18.png
> />/  Can I decrease it?
> />/
> /I think I have to explain more precisely, my english seems not to be
> good enough.
>
> When I use new, selfdrawn icons via Typ file, the name that belongs to
> the POI marked by the icon is farer away from the icon than it would
> have been from an original Garmin icon. I used the online typ file
> editor (http://ati.land.cz/)
>   From the right upper corner, the label has a distance of 3 Pixels
> (diagonal) when a Garmin icon is shown, but 10 pixels, if my own icons
> are used.
>
> If a user defined waypoint is labelled, the label sits right above the
> icon, centered (that is the best way, I think).
>
> Does anybody know, if this behaviour is somehow coded inside the typ
> file? Or does mkgmap define the position and distance of the label?
>
> I think on small displays 10 pixels is way too much, so it would be
> really fine to be able to change that. Perhaps it is a not yet
> understood byte inside the typ file?

Hi, Daniela,
hopefully i don't missunderstood you like in your "grade3" problem,
where i thought you want manipulate the appearance of a label for a
"ready to use" img via type-file.

Ok, back to the actual problem. First time i started with creating my
own icons i saw also this effect you described. First i thought, that
may be the text ist set to right upper corner of the maximum icon size
which is allowed. Using a smaller icon i moved it as far possible to
this corner. Unfortunately the text still was drawn to far away from the
icon. I always had the impression that there is a fixed distance for the
text no matter what size the custom icon has and where it is positioned
in the 32x32 area.
Sorry until yet i don't read about a solution for it.

Gert