logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distance Icon - Text (typ file question)

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Wed Mar 10 23:57:33 GMT 2010

selfcomment.
> I think that the distance between icon and corresponding text is a bit
> too large, see http://www.deltadelta.de/nmz/sc18.png
> Can I decrease it?

I think I have to explain more precisely, my english seems not to be
good enough.

When I use new, selfdrawn icons via Typ file, the name that belongs to
the POI marked by the icon is farer away from the icon than it would
have been from an original Garmin icon. I used the online typ file
editor (http://ati.land.cz/)
 From the right upper corner, the label has a distance of 3 Pixels
(diagonal) when a Garmin icon is shown, but 10 pixels, if my own icons
are used.

If a user defined waypoint is labelled, the label sits right above the
icon, centered (that is the best way, I think).

Does anybody know, if this behaviour is somehow coded inside the typ
file? Or does mkgmap define the position and distance of the label?

I think on small displays 10 pixels is way too much, so it would be
really fine to be able to change that. Perhaps it is a not yet
understood byte inside the typ file?

TIA, Dani