logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap gets stuck on Kosovo

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Mar 11 23:50:40 GMT 2010

Hello Felix,

> Any news on solving this bug. I get stuck now on more and more
> countries. For my style, this is getting really serious trouble
> (basically unable to compile 1/10 countries, meaning I can't update my
> maps anymore as it gets stuck)

I have looked closely at the code where your stack trace indicates it's
getting stuck and I cannot see what could be causing the problem. As I
said before, that's not new code so I find it hard to believe that is
what's causing the hang up.

I think at this point, you need to find which version of mkgmap
introduces the problem (or even, which version of your style introduces
the problem). So, bisect mkgmap, starting at a known good revision and
find exactly the revision that goes wrong. Tedious, I know but it will
tell us what we want to know.

Mark