logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Finland with almost-working generate-sea

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Mar 10 07:09:23 GMT 2010

09.03.2010 22.35.00, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
> I have been using Osmosis 0.31.1. At least with this version,
> disabling date parsing made a huge difference. It could be that more
> recent releases are more efficient in this regard.

I am using 0.34, and it does not seem to have problems with date
parsing.

> Perhaps you're trying to do too much at once?

Yes, I was trying to see if I can get working generate-sea for both
bays along the Finnish coast. I can successfully merge some coastline
to the Finland extract with Osmosis. I thought that I would give
Osmosis a try, to overcome the relation limitations of tile-splitter.
If I include the Swedish, Russian and Estonian coastlines to reach the
tile borders, then mkgmap will take forever to generate the sea. Maybe
I should try with a grossly simplified coastline (just straight lines
to the tile borders).

	Marko