logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multiple other menus in select category

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Mon Mar 8 00:33:53 GMT 2010

Gert Münzel wrote:
> The categories name is part of the gps firmware and part of mapsource
> software. Theres no way to deal with via type-files.
> The only way would be to hack the gps firmware and replace the name.
> May be the new oregon/dakota etc. models which have a language file
> can be more easier manipulated in these part.
> But anyway the way how the objects are classified in the given
> categories is fixed in the firmware/software.
But the number of "others" seems to be correlated to the points file
inside the styles folder and the typ file.
For each  icon with shop (type=2e) I get a separate others list. So
finding is not as comfortable as it could be but much more comfortable
than with original Garmin maps. One has just to keep in mind on which
position which category can be found. :-)))
And this depends on the subtype number.
So it is no bad idea to create many different icons (i.e. subtypes) in
the typ-file.

Dani