logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] property boundaries

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Sat Mar 6 12:04:12 GMT 2010

I have a shapefile of property boundaries in my town (from MassGIS).  It
has a bunch of polygons, with metadata about size and lot number (from
zoning maps, like R27-7).

Eventually I might import this, but I'm going very slow on that and
right now I'm trying to work out sensible conversions and garmin
rendering.

I used polyshp2osm.py and got closed ways with area=yes and some
massgis-derived tags.  This didn't turn into anything with mkgmap, which
is what I expected.

What I would like is to have thin lines rendered at the boundaries, and
not necessarily anything else.  Perhaps having an area to select for
information and the lot # would be cool, but far less important.

My thoughts are

  edit polyshp2osm.py to have different tags
    drop area=yes
    add boundary=lot  # for now, and figure out what later

  add to mkgmap line style

    boundary=lot maps to something that shows up

and then see how that goes.

Any advice?