logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] transparent overlays breaks address-index on GPS

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Mar 4 20:51:53 GMT 2010

On 04.03.2010 19:27, Gert Münzel wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there anyone else who has tried to use a transparent overlay on an
> mkgmap builded map which is containing address-index, eg. openmtbmap.org
> maps?.
> Everytime i tried it, the index no more works on the gps.
> Instead using the same overlay with an original garmin map which
> contains a address-index, this index stays alive on the GPS.?
> Any ideas?
>
> cheers
> Gert

Will test this out later. You could use my batchfiles
(create_mapsource_installationfiles_with_mkgmap) which create joined
maps with address index) instead. That definitely works. Very strange
nonetheless, but there are simply some bugs in the address index anyhow
- else it would work better.