logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Buildings without POIs cannot be found

From Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us on Tue Mar 2 22:17:02 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Daniela Duerbeck
<daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de> wrote:

> When a building is mapped completely and is tagged with amenity =
> supermarket or restaurant, etc. it cannot be found via find all POIs.
> Perhaps somehow mkgmap should build artificial POIs from these tags.
> Would that be possible?

That's what the '--add-pois-to-areas' option does, although it goes
overboard in my opinion as it adds POIs for every area including
lakes, forests, etc. which are very distracting in the "all pois" list
on my GPS.  I have a pretty hacky patch that only adds POIs if the
area has a name assigned that seems to work well for me.  I should
probably clean it up and submit it one of these days.

--
Jeff Ollie