logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems with POI names

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Sun Feb 28 13:23:14 GMT 2010

Moin,

I have a problem with POIs, which have an ref-tag (using mkgmap-r1586).

First of all, if the POI does not have a name, then the ref-tag is displayed in
the map. In my lines file, I have specially a rule for adding the ref-tag to the
name, so I am a little bit surprised, that this is happening for the POIs
automatically.
Are there some other tags wich will be used instead of the name tag?

My second problem is, that I wanted to delete the reference, by adding this
action part to my style rule: {set ref=""}
As a result, all POIs where I wanted to delete the reference, now get their name
from a totally unrelated POI.

Gruss
Torsten