logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multipolygons: how to flag role=inner role=outer in Style file?

From Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com on Sat Feb 27 21:29:34 GMT 2010

I would say this tagging is simply wrong. a line with tag natural water is water. This use is against all the definitions for correct relations.
any renderer not strictly overwriting way/node tags AND deleting/ignoring tags from inner members will fail.
For legacy reasons relation support has worked to use a tag from the relation and override the tag on the outer way. if tag is only on the outer way use it too.
inner way should have no tags at all. But can have other tags which are not related to the relation and can/should be processed independent.
natural=land can be used instead but is entirely redundant a hole in the lake is by definition land. The advantage of a redundant tag is that renderer without relation knowledge can still produce correct maps.