logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Method copyTags(..) in Element.java

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Feb 27 13:59:23 GMT 2010

On 27/02/10 13:23, WanMil wrote:
> /**
>    * Copy the tags of the other element.  Only to be used internally
>    * by subclasses.
>    * @param other The other element.  All its tags will be copied to this
>    * element.
>    */
> public void copyTags(Element other) {
> 	if (other.tags != null)
> 		tags = other.tags.copy();
> }
>

> So the copyTags does not add but replace all tags. But only if the other
> element has tags. This is weird. So I think replaceTags would be a
> better name and the other.tags==null case should be handled:

Originally it was used to copy tags from an existing element to a
newly created one, so there wasn't really much of a problem.

This is still mostly the case, except in the multipolygon code which
is no doubt why you are bringing this up :)

So yes, your changes appear fine to me as they will not affect the
original cases. Also the comment about only being used in subclasses
is wrong/out of date.

..Steve