logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fwd: resolution and zoom levels in style files

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Fri Feb 26 00:57:31 GMT 2010

I think there are a few problems for a beginner like me:

I have 27 zoom levels on my Garmin device.
I have 24 levels for resolution in the style file
I have 8 mappings of resolution to levels in the options file.

I learned that some levels on the device show "overzoom" so that they
are not to be counted.

And, not to forget the option on the device: show more or less details.

That makes everything a bit confusing, even if the resolutions in the
options file match exactly them inside the other files. :-)))

Dani