logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug report --remove-short-arcs=5 ???

From Garvan & maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Tue Feb 23 13:19:08 GMT 2010

Hi,

mkgmap is dropping international boundaries from a maps (OSM file format but
not a download from OMS) without issuing any error message or warning. I
checked the image files in mapsource as well as with gpsmapedit, and the
national boundaries are not included in the img file.

I created a test file to demonstrate the issue with only three line types,
national boundaries, provincial boundaries and minor contours, and have
uploaded it here. Size = 98.1 MB.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4900023/cambodia.osm

Things I have tried:
a) I compiled the original source file in mp format and it works correctly.
b) I reduced the OSM file to the smallest size that demonstrated the
error by deleting contour lines.
If I delete one more contour line from the end of the file the error
goes away and international boundaries
are displayed.
c) I loaded the file in JOSM and checked it. The international
boundaries displayed correctly. I saved
the file to a new file name, and although the elements were rearranged
and the file size increased,
the international boundaries were still dropped when I compiled the file.
d) I compiled with no options set, and checked the img with gpsmapedit,
and it WORKED correctly. The
boundaries displayed in the img file.
e) After further experimentation I found that removing
--remove-short-arcs=5 from the command line cause
the international boundaries to display correctly.

Command line
java -ea -Xmx2000m -jar ./mkgmap-1581/mkgmap.jar --remove-short-arcs=5
cambodia.osm

Does not work.

Thanks for any help

Garvan