logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1581: Move leisure=sports_centre below sport=*

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Feb 21 17:27:43 GMT 2010

Hi Dave,

> svn commit wrote:
> > Version 1581 was commited by marko on 2010-02-20 21:35:50 +0000
> (Sat, 20 Feb 2010)
> >
> > Move leisure=sports_centre below sport=*
> > so that it will only be used when no matching sport=* is specified.
> Is this in points or polygons?

Points. I have not touched any polygon rules yet, as far as I remember.

> I may have missed an earlier discussion, but shouldn't sports_centre
> have priority over sport=*?
> Sport_centre are more often than not, multi-sports venues.

Sorry, I did not understand that this tweak could be controversial. I
should have started a discussion first.

I visited a swimming hall whose POI was tagged as:
leisure=sports_centre
sport=swimming
Instead of editing those attributes, I thought that it would be more
appropriate to tweak the mkgmap POI rules so that sport=* takes
precedence. More often than not, there is a fitness studio at a
swimming hall that can use the same shower and sauna facilities, and
therefore the leisure=sports_centre is appropriate. Nevertheless, the
main purpose of the hall is swimming.

> Does this get rendered at all?:
> sport=swimming;five-a-side football;badminton
> leisure=sports_centre

Yes. Because none of the specific sport= rules match in default/points,
the point will be translated as leisure=sports_centre.

> This will render as a swimming pool:
> sport=swimming
> leisure=sports_centre
>
> This will be incorrectly rendered as swimming.

Why would you find it incorrect? (On a related note, the Edge 705 menu
text says "swimming pool" in Finnish while "swimming place" would be
more appropriate.)

	Marko