logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] cannot add waypoints on an area polygon

From Someoneelse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk on Thu Feb 18 17:03:22 GMT 2010

Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>> I'm wondering if this a device specific issue (Garmin HCx) or mkgmap.
>
> It works on the Edge 705. Last week, I named a few leisure=park by
> recording POIs. They were already marked as areas and displayed with
> the Garmin default name of park (puisto in Finnish).

Garmin HCx Vista here, and I can create a waypoint in an area without
problems.  As with you the waypoint name defaults to the Garmin name of
the existing feature (for example "Woods" for landuse=wood) but it can
be edited.  The waypoint symbol defaults to the last-used waypoint
symbol (as it normally does).