logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Implementing turn restrictions in mp input format

From Garvan & maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Mon Feb 15 13:35:08 GMT 2010

Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> 15.02.2010 15:07:01, Garvan & maew kirjoitti:
>
>> Turn restrictions do not seem to work with mp file input. Would this
>> be difficult to add?
>>

> How would you represent turn restrictions in MP files? Does the MP
> format support relations? For what it is worth, multipolygons are
> implemented as relations too and thus should not work in the MP format.
>
> 	Marko

Turn restrictions are implemented like this

[Restrict]
Nod=29298
TraffPoints=29431,29298,29431
TraffRoads=4791,4791
Time=
[END-Restrict]

[Restrict]
Nod=29298
TraffPoints=29324,29298,29324
TraffRoads=4756,4756
Time=
[END-Restrict]

[Restrict]
Nod=29298
TraffPoints=29303,29298,29303
TraffRoads=4756,4756
Time=
[END-Restrict]

This is a "No U-Turns" on all roads at a "T" junction as emitted by
gpsmapedit.  Nod=29298 is the actual point at the junction. I could make
many more examples in gpsmapedit until I had a full understanding of the
syntax.

The mp file format supports the old definition of multipoligons where
you have one outer and many inners, but the inner polygons must be in
reverse direction (anti-clockwise) to show they are holes. Thus it
covers all the basics as far a geometry is concerned, so tagging remains
the only issue.

Garvan