logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Confusing results when uploading.

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Mon Feb 15 07:57:30 GMT 2010

Dave F. wrote:
> Hi
>
> When using this command line:
>
> java -Xmx512M -ea -jar mkgmap.jar --transparent
> --style-file="c:\dwgs\Programs\GPS All\Garmin Profile" --family-id=42
> M000002.TYP 63272002.gz
>
> it creates a 63272002.img using my customized styles & when uploaded
> appears as I would expect.
>
> But when I use the same file to be included in the gmapsupp file in this
> command the 63272002.img displays as if it was created using the built
> in style of mkgmap:
>
> java -Xmx512M -ea -jar mkgmap.jar --remove-short-arcs --gmapsupp
> "Contours.img" "63272002.img" --generate-sea:polygons --transparent
> --style-file="c:\dwgs\Programs\GPS All\Garmin Profile" --family-id=42
> M000002.TYP MyTown.osm
> move "C:\dwgs\Programs\GPS All\mkgmap\gmapsupp.img" "L:\Garmin"
>
> Any ideas as to why this is?
>
> Cheers
> Dave F.

It's a bit tricky to understand what you're trying to do in the second
compile.  For instance, you're applying --remove-short-arcs to pre-built
IMG files, which doesn't make much sense.  You're also mixing
pre-existing IMG files with OSM files, which I'd avoid if I were you.
Better to create all the IMG files seperately, then compile them into
your ultimate gmapsupp.img in one step at the end.