logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] dent in street and bounds problem

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sun Feb 14 22:15:52 GMT 2010

Hello Torsten,

> Mark Burton schrieb am 14.02.2010 20:05:
> > Yes, as the Garmin map resolution is approx 2.2m, it is understandable
> > for your road to have those dents.
>
> But the offset of the points look much bigger than 2.2m. And this doesn't
> explain, why the north-south ordering of the two points is in JOSM inverse to
> the ordering in Mapsource or on my Nuevi.

How about: the RHS of the dent is S of the junction with Bruchweg
because the small footway has been completely removed by the
remove-short-arcs option and so the node at the N end of that footway
has been merged into the node at the S end of the footway which is why
the way ends up kinked to the S.

Mark