logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] administrative borders (was: multipolygon with outer polygon within inner polygons)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Feb 14 19:00:30 GMT 2010

Hi Clinton,

> On Feb 14, 2010, at 11:32, Minko wrote:
>
> > set mkgmap:boundary2_name='$(mkgmap:boundary2_name)/${name}' |
> '${name}';
>
> Just out of interest, should the parentheses surrounding
> mkgmap:boundary2_name not be curly brackets ('{', '}')? I noticed this
> in the default style as well. Or is this a syntax which I am
> unfamiliar with?

It is a syntax that I implemented some time ago. Previously, the apply
action of relations would only refer to the relation members, not the
relation itself. The default style generates administrative boundary
names such as Suburb/City/Province/Country, sadly in arbitrary order.
It would be nice to sort the relations in some way before applying the
attributes. The same would be useful for bus route relations as well,
e.g., have the route refs on bus stops in numeric order.

Best regards,

	Marko