logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Which .osm nodes/elements/attributes does mkgmap use &ignore?

From Garvan & maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Sun Feb 14 10:43:20 GMT 2010

>> Hi
>>
>> I'm trying to convert a .kml (google earth) to .osm so I can use mkgmap to
>> convert to .img.
>>
>> In the .osm file I've noticed that mkgmap appears to ignore the <bounds>
>> tag.
>>
>> To simplify my conversion, are there any others that aren't utilized?
>>
>> For instance, in the <node> node does it need to have the user, usid,
>> version or changeset attributes?
>>
>> Is there a wiki page that I've missed, that lists this info?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Dave F.

You could try converting the file with gpsbabel

gpsbabel -i kml -f test.kml -o osm -F test.osm

And then see if you are happy with the translation, or if you still need
to add more features. At least you will have a starting point on what
tags you need.

Garvan