logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] administrative borders (was: multipolygon with outer polygon within inner polygons)

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Feb 14 10:32:11 GMT 2010

Hi all,

It looks like I managed a way to render those complex multipolygon administrative borders correctly now.

In the relation style file, I changed administrative borders statements like this:

# country borders

(type=boundary | type=multipolygon) & boundary=administrative & admin_level=2
{ apply
  {
   set boundary2=yes;
   set mkgmap:boundary2_name='$(mkgmap:boundary2_name)/${name}' | '${name}';
  }
}

For my map of the Netherlands, I'm only interested in admin levels 2,4 and 8
(country/province/municipality) so I copied those lines for provinces
(set boundary4=yes for the lines and boundary4_name for the names) and municipalities
(set boundary8=yes and boundary8_name) too.

I'm not sure if mkgmap: has any function, maybe
without this it will function as well?

In the line style file, I removed all the statements regarding to the admin. borders
and replaced it with these lines:

boundary2=yes { name '${mkgmap:boundary2_name}' } [0x1e resolution 16]
boundary4=yes { name '${mkgmap:boundary4_name}' } [0x1d resolution 18]
boundary8=yes { name '${mkgmap:boundary8_name}' } [0x1c resolution 20]

I tested it with the complicated area, and it seems rendering fine now :-)