logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Gmapibuilder: Searching for new site to host source code

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Fri Feb 12 19:51:29 GMT 2010

On Feb 11, 2010, at 1:25, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> On 10/02/10 21:17, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I, and others, have noticed that the original hosting server for Gmapibuilder appears to be no longer available. Attempts to contact the original author have also failed.
>>
>> Fortunately the source is BSD licensed. I still have the source (which I patched to convert .mdr and .mdx files as well), and would like to find a new permanent host for it. Are there any disadvantages to using Google Source, or is there a better place to host the code?
>
> Sure, I can host it, either under mkmap.org(.uk) or any other domain
> name you like, and you can maintain it along with anyone else you agree
> to do so.

That would be great if you could host the Gmapibuilder script. (mkgmap.org.uk is fine: as others have pointed out, the script makes a number of assumptions which may make it unsuitable for non-mkgmap produced maps).

I have attached a zip file of the python script (gmapi-builder.py) and a Mac OS disk image (Gmapibuilder.dmg) which contains the same script, but with a GUI added and bundled into a Mac application. (I have not yet extended the GUI version to add the .mdr and .mdx files.)

Thanks very much!