logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Gmapibuilder: Searching for new site to host source code

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Thu Feb 11 01:04:04 GMT 2010

Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> writes:

> I'm not sure what what Greg's 'political point' is but I don't see how
> it would affect my thinking without further explanation.

Sorry, I meant:

  gmapibuilder doesn't really have any particular affinity for mkgmap as
  the one true map creator.  It should be usable with any program that
  creates garmin map files.

  If it's hosted on mkgmap.org there is some chance that people might
  view that as the OSM world coopting the more general gmapibuilder.

But, I don't have any reason to think that matters - it was just
something that might be a concern that entered my head.