logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Gmapibuilder: Searching for new site to host source code

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Wed Feb 10 21:17:17 GMT 2010

Hi All,

I, and others, have noticed that the original hosting server for Gmapibuilder appears to be no longer available. Attempts to contact the original author have also failed.

Fortunately the source is BSD licensed. I still have the source (which I patched to convert .mdr and .mdx files as well), and would like to find a new permanent host for it. Are there any disadvantages to using Google Source, or is there a better place to host the code?

(For those of you who do not know/remember Gmapibuilder converts maps created by mkgmap to the Gmapi format used on Mac OS X.)

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers.