logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multipolygon success

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Feb 7 11:29:52 GMT 2010

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 09:33:40AM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> The Inarinjärvi multipolygon that I defined yesterday was rendered fine,
> except for one minor detail: A lake within an island was incorrectly
> named Inarinjärvi.  I have now removed name:* from the multipolygon relation.
> Hopefully the code will do the right thing and copy the name:* from the
> outer coastline as appropriate.

On a closer read, http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:multipolygon
suggests that the islands within lakes should be defined as separate
multipolygon relations.  I will try that later, after I have seen the
effect of removing the names from the relation.

I fixed the other two anti-island warnings by defining further multipolygons.
One of them was a small lake east of Inarinjärvi and the other was Kemijärvi,
all located in northeastern Finland, and likely severed by Geofabrik's cutting.

	Marko