logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] sea-generate=multipolygon : seems to be broken since v1512

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Feb 6 17:10:12 GMT 2010

Hi everyone,

> After many tries from latest version 1560 to 1494, I cannot use sea
> generation with multipolygon option after version 1512. Something seems
> to be broken or you might forget to explain how to use it with latest
> changes.

I have tracked down what is happening.  It is due to the change
1517 (Reduce multipolygon error messages. (WanMil))

In my example I use --generate-sea=multipolygon,no-sea-sectors

In removeWaysOutsideBox(), exactly one way gets removed
but that is enough to completely remove the sea.

The way that is removed is exactly one unit outside the bounding box
on all four corners.  It is thus removed because no point is actually
inside the bounding box, even though it completely surrounds the
bounding box.

..Steve