logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] generate-sea problem : to Wanmil

From David david.tlp at orange.fr on Sat Feb 6 16:24:19 GMT 2010

Hello Wanmil,

Here are the facts :
I downloaded the latest Ireland.osm from geofabrik (yesterday was
2010/02/05) and the latest one from Cloudmade.com (2010/01/26). Ireland
coastlines data are complete. I tried with same options all versions
from 1560 to 1494 and splitter version 105 only. Ireland map is in one
area. I made my tests with multipolygon with close-gap option set to
1000 and 10000, and also the no-mp option with funny result : Ireland
became a sea. As I thought it could be a problem with my style files, I
made also all my tests with default styles provided with mkgmap and the
results were the same : after version 1512, mkgmap is not able to
produce multipolygon sea, despite
"generate-sea=multipolygon,close-gap.=1000" works fine with v1512 for
Ireland.
I know how hard it is to develop a software such mkgmap (which is really
good), but the problem may be not the data.

Here is another vicous bug : when "merge-lines" is used, when you try to
define a waypoint in route edition mode on a road in Mapsource, it is
located far from your choice. You can also watch the problem with
automatic popup which are not displayed under the mouse pointer, but
elsewhere, sometimes out of the visible map area.

Cheers,
David