logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with --adjust-turn-headings

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Sat Feb 6 09:53:09 GMT 2010

0> In article <20100206093608.GA12206 at x60s>,
0> Marko Mäkelä <URL:mailto:marko.makela at iki.fi> ("Marko") wrote:

Marko> On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 12:40:10AM +0000, Mark Burton wrote:

>> Hi Toby,
>>
>> > Can we also try to infer through-routes from the presence of a
>> > 'route' relation containing the ways?
>>
>> Is that going to work?  Just because a route uses a particular
>> combination of ways, it doesn't follow that those ways are through
>> routes, does it?

Marko> The European E road network should consist of through routes.
Marko> However, suburban bus routes, bicycle routes, scenery routes
Marko> or historic routes should be ignored.

Good points both; it's probably not possible to algorithmically
determine whether a route implies the through way.  I hadn't thought of
bus routes, only road routes - and even then, there's quite a lot of
what the roads community calls a 'TOTSO' (turn off to stay on).