logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with --adjust-turn-headings

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Fri Feb 5 17:54:28 GMT 2010

Hi Steve,

> Sounds great - I'll look forward to it.

Good, I will work on it this evening and I don't expect it to be a big
job.

We need to document the through_route relation on the wiki. I'm not
up to speed with wikis, can you (or anyone else) please write a few
words to describe what it is and where it should be used?

At this time, I expect it to have 2 ways + 1 node (role = junction).
The relation type is "through_route". Its purpose is to advise routing
software which pair of ways make up the through route at a
junction when that cannot be reliably inferred from the ways'
refs and/or names. It should be used only for those junctions that
really require it.

Cheers,

Mark