logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bridleway=Fussweg?

From Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com on Fri Feb 5 14:20:39 GMT 2010

Hi

I'm in the UK.
On my Oregon 300 when I query a item with the red pin It display a few
idiosyncrasies:

Bridlepath are displayed as 'Fussweg'
An area of landuse=residential as 'Ort'

These appear to be language confusions but I can't see an specific
option to specify a language & the country options should default to UK
& GBR.

Also barrier=fence/wall etc are displaying as 'lines' & landuse=grass as
'area'

Is there a way to give them their specific titles?

I'm Using v1560 but had the same problem with 1505.

java -Xmx512M -ea -jar mkgmap.jar --remove-short-arcs
--description="Bath & Surrounds" --gmapsupp "Contours.img"
--generate-sea:polygons --transparent --style-file="c:\dwgs\Programs\GPS
All\Garmin Profile" --family-id=42 M000002.TYP 63272002.gz

The input file is from teddynetz
http://openstreetmap.teddynetz.de:81/latest/osm/63272/

Another problem - In Setup>Map>Map Information Select Map. I'm trying to
get a meaningful name to display for each map.
I've used --description. Is this the correct option?

It displays 'Uploaded with Sendmap'

I'm using Sendmap to upload & it appears it's overriding the
--description option or am I using the wrong one?

Cheers
Dave F.