logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1555: Ignore multipolygons with fewer than 2 resolved elements.

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Feb 4 19:50:49 GMT 2010

> Version 1555 was commited by marko on 2010-02-03 11:41:06 +0000 (Wed, 03 Feb 2010)
>
> Ignore multipolygons with fewer than 2 resolved elements.

I have doubts if that's a good idea.
If multipolygons are splitted by splitter it is possible that some
polygons are dropped because they are not inside the tile bounds.
This makes it possible that the outer ring survives only.

The definition of the multipolygon says that the tags from the
multipolygon are used for the outer polygons ("Tags describing the
multipolygon (e.g. landuse=forest) should go on the relation. The outer
way(s) should be left untagged, unless they describe something in their
own right."). If these multipolygons are dropped the tag information of
the multipolygon is lost.

I propose to revert this commit unless there are hard reasons for it.

WanMil