logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style speed branch on Austria

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Feb 3 17:56:12 GMT 2010

Hi

I ran the following against the Geofabrik Austria extract.
In all cases the only option other than style-file was --remove-short-arcs.

speed branch r1559,   openmtbmap-r18: 2m41
trunk r1557,          openmtbmap-r18: 3m16
pre-merge r1455       openmtbmap-r7 : 2m49

So as far as the style code goes, I think I am done with optimising
it.  Let me know if any combination of options give a worse comparative
result though.

As this is a speed fix only, any map produced with the speed branch
should be identical to one produced by mkgmap-r1548 (apart from
time stamps) and any differences should be reported as a bug.

..Steve