logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Making splitter and MultiPolygon code play together

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Feb 3 12:30:38 GMT 2010

Hi Chris,

> It's not a straightforward fix in the splitter however I'll see what I can
> do. I think if I make the cache generation compulsory it will be possible
> to handle this without too serious an impact on performance.

I understand that this would require deferring the writing of the nodes
until the whole input (nodes, ways, and relations) has been consumed.
I would greatly appreciate a fix.  After that, it would be time to have
the Geofabrik dumps corrected.

By the way, I think that you should restrict this inclusion of all nodes
only to select relation types (only multipolygons come to my mind).  For
instance, route relations (such as the international E road network)
should be clipped at the tile borders.

For what it is worth, here is my attempt at implementing this workaround:

MM> A fairly cheap work-around in mkgmap could be to discard those ways
MM> whose resolvable nodes completely fall outside the bounding box when
MM> some of the nodes cannot be resolved.

It did not make the warnings for the two other multipolygons go away.

	Marko