logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1544: Integrate continue with_actions to style branch.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Feb 1 14:51:06 GMT 2010

On 01/02/10 13:05, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> Well for the first time the style branch kinda works for me....

OK good, thanks for testing.

> Compile time increases by about 65% (that's acceptable) with my style
> (available under CCBYSA 2.0 here:

For the default style there is no performance difference, but for
larger styles, there is a noticable drop.  I hope to be able to
optimise later - anyway it is not going to get slower than that.

> What is really good, is that long rules now work well. Meaning no !=*
> being dropped anymore.

Good.

> *Problem that I still see vital to be solved before merge with trunk:*
> I do have problems regarding the action rules though (or better said,
> absolutely no improvement noticed here).
>
> What I would like is that action rules are run by default like [continue
> with_actions], meaning, that all matching action rules should be applied
> in order, and not only the first one that matches.

That is exactly how it does work on the branch and how it is meant to
work on trunk although as usual the random ordering of actions will
make it unreliable.

I've converted your example into a StyleTester file:

	WAY
	highway=path
	name=coutêaué
	name:translit=couteaue
	mtb:scale=1
	mtb:scale:uphill=4
	route=mtb
	route_name=up_the_hill

	#Following action rules:
	<<<lines>>>
	name:translit=* {set name='${name:translit}'}
	mtb:scale=1 & mtb:scale:uphill=4 {set name='${name} mtb14' | 'mtb14'}
	route_name=* {set name='${name} ${route_name}' | '${route_name}' }
	mtb:scale=* {set mkgmap:paved=no}

	highway=path & mkgmap:paved=no [0x7]
	highway=path [0x8]

On the style branch:
   WAY 1: Line 0x7, name=<couteaue mtb14 up_the_hill>, ref=<null>,
res=24-24 (1/1),(2/2),

On trunk it doesn't work for the usual random reasons and I see:

   WAY 1:
     Line 0x7, name=<couteaue>, ref=<null>, res=24-24 (1/1),(2/2),
   FAIL. If rules were run strictly in order this would be:
     Line 0x7, name=<couteaue mtb14 up_the_hill>, ref=<null>, res=24-24

..Steve