logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in rounding when using level 0 with resolution 23

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Jan 31 21:01:54 GMT 2010

When using resoluton=23 for level=0 rounding of streets and other
objects can go pretty wrong. Or is this just the general rounding
problem we have?

Principally I think resolution23 should be enough (4.8m accuracy, vs
2.4m accuracy on resolution24) for general use.
Using resolution24 I have never seen points getting rounded wrongly (so
that a street seems to be broken).

Routing is not affected however (no difference at all). I don't
understand how one point (a junction of a way is certainly one point),
gets rounded to two different places.

Neither of the two following options helps/changes anything here:
It is not related to the Douglac Peucker algorithm:
--reduce-point-density=0 --reduce-point-density-polygon=0 (results in no
visual change).

It is also not related to --adjust-turn-headings