logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --add-pois-to-areas behaviour

From Thilo Hannemann thannema at gmx.de on Fri Jan 29 17:38:34 GMT 2010

Am 29.01.2010 um 17:47 schrieb Christoph Wagner:

> Thilo Hannemann schrieb:
>> The reason why you need a matching polygon rule for POIs to be generated is that mkgmap needs this to find out that it is a polygon.
>
> Now I really understand the problem. Would it be enough for mkgmap to specify a rule in polygons-file like this:
>
> building=*
>
> without any actions and typemappings, just to find out that building is a polygon tag and get a point out of it?

I don't know, but I think it won't work. mkgmap might complain about the syntax, so you could try

building=* { set dummy=dosomething }

instead. But actions alone don't invoke the code for the polygon creation at all IIRC, so that probably won't work either.

You could try to patch mkgmap so you can have a "dummy" type that won't trigger the creation of the actual polygon. Maybe that's what happens if you specify a type that can't be converted into any Garmin type (say 0xffffffff) anyway. So it would be

	building=* [ 0xffffff resolution 24 ]

or something like that. On the other hand - if the code checks the validity of the Garmin type mkgmap will complain, if it doesn't check it the resulting map will probably be broken.

Regards
Thilo