logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Dreaming of more generic base-style

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Jan 28 20:04:58 GMT 2010

Hi Marko,

> I see that you defined base-style=default for this style.
> It is probably the best option at the current situation.

I only wanted to add the marine objects, so it seemed the way to go.

> I look forward to Steve's work on the style branch merge.  I would like to
> see some include mechanism, or means to define a tree of base-style
> (multiple styles per base-style definition, and styles based on styles based
> on styles).  It could be useful to be able to override or delete rules
> from the base definition, e.g., if you want everything except buildings from
> the default style, or if you want to translate some POIs differently.

I think some kind of include would be good because then one could
mix and match from any number of "themed" style files.

Also, I think it would be very useful to be able to conditionally
include stuff or not. Hey, why don't we reinvent the C pre-processor,
or m4, etc?

Mark