logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing cities in mapsource search entry field

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Jan 28 15:56:45 GMT 2010

Hi Felix,

> Did not try it separately. If done in one run, no codepage, no latin1,
> then index works fine. In my eyes something goes wrong once one leaves
> the default (plain ASCI) value.

Yes, you're right, I have made both the UK map and the Baltic map
without those options and the index is much better. It sometimes still
pops up a mapsource error dialog when you type an incomplete name and
press the find button (but, weirdly, doesn't always do that).

So, great, the search index works reliably for cities now. The downside,
of course, is that all of the accented characters have been replaced
with their "dumbed down" versions.

Thanks,

Mark