logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing apparently broken because of overflow; more checks needed

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Jan 20 11:04:55 GMT 2010

The Nuvi user whom I have mentioned before reported that the routing between
Tapiola, Espoo and Töölö, Helsinki was broken for some weeks until it
started working again with yesterday's map.

The only explanation that I can think of is that I shrunk the map tile
to get rid of the TRE header corruption that prevented the gmapsupp.img
from being generated.  I suspect that there has been some overflow in the
map tile before, but I just haven't noticed it myself.

Would it be possible to add some more consistency checks, such as
assertions, exceptions or error logging, to the mkgmap backend?
Silent data corruption is not nice.

	Marko