logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Flooding in Germany

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Wed Jan 20 10:12:37 GMT 2010

2010/1/20 Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at googlemail.com>

> Just downloaded new data for Germany, problem persists:
>
> Is this maybe not solvable with current code?
> I'll retry with different max-nodes to see if it then maybe works.

I also noticed this with the Geofabrik extract of Germany: The tile around
Bremen always gets flooded. My tiles are different from yours, so I assume
we have different max-nodes parameters.

I did also compile Geofabrik's complete Europe extract: here the problem did
not occur. There were a couple of other landlocked tiles in France and
Poland which were flooded though (caused by, I assume, some bad data in the
tiles).

This may mean, therefore, that the problem stems from the way Geofabrik
extracts Germany. You could try making your own extract (using a bounding
box) for Germany out of the Europe extract. Perhaps this would work better.

Cheers.