logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit: r1497: Merge the mp branch to trunk.

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Jan 19 17:53:57 GMT 2010

>> All (or almost all at least) of the lines I see go away
>> when I zoom in. In gpsmapedit, I don't notice any gaps between the
>> polygons at any level. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
>
> OK here is an image of the sea polygons as seen in mapedit. This is
> at level 4 (most zoomed out).
>
> Does this splitting happen at the generate sea stage or is it
> being mangled later on?
>
> ..Steve

I don't think that the artefacts are from the new mp code. Why? mp takes
the outer polygon po and the for each inner polygon pi it creates the
subtraction po-pi and divides po' at half of the largest edge of pi.
This creates 2 or more singular polygons from which the rest of the
inner polygons are subtracted using the same algorithm.

In the end an artefact created by the mp code should always divide an
inner polygon at its half. For some islands this is true but there are
several islands and lines for which this rule does not match.

WanMil