logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Haiti OSM problem on Garmin 76CSx

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Tue Jan 19 14:50:32 GMT 2010

Quoting "andris at inveneo.org" <abjornson at inveneo.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am with Inveneo (www.inveneo.org) and arrive in Port-au-Princd tomorrow to
> begin deploying a wireless network in support of relief efforts there.  I
> have successfully loaded the latest OSM on my Garmin 76CSx and it's
> fantastic, will be very useful there.  However, when I turn off the unit, I
> get I constant low alarm tone.  The only way to make it stop is to remove
> batteries.  When I reinsert the batteries, the unit remains in a powered off
> state until I turn it on..after that it acts normally until I turn it off
> again.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Andris
>
> --
I'd be incredibly surprised if this problem was caused by the OSM data
or the mkgmap build process.  I have successfully used many OSM maps
on my GPSMap76Csx (though, admittedly, not Haiti) without this issue.
Are you running the latest firmware?  And have you tried other OSM maps?

--
Charlie