logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] R: Use of relations file

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Jan 19 14:00:30 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 05:36:44AM -0800, Fabrizio Lorenzini wrote:
> I'd like to have different maps for mtb routes, hiking routes, cycleway
> routes and so on, in order to enable/disable it on my Oregon when I need it.

I have exactly the same goal, but it will take a few weeks until
I can create the TYP files required for custom line styles.
(I don't want to use non-free tools; I want documented source code.)

> Now I am dealing with entire Italy's dump, let me check it with
> a simple test data file I am building, so I'll be able to provide
> you more informations in the next days.

If I were you, I would use JOSM to download and save a small area that
contains a route.  (Or you can define a bogus route relation on your
home street and not download it, just save it to a file that you would
process with mkgmap.)

Best regards,

	Marko