logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Use of relations file

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Jan 19 11:25:40 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 03:10:12AM -0800, Fabrizio Lorenzini wrote:
> I am trying to use the relations to build a simple map (to use over my existing OSM map produced with mkgmap too) with only mtb routes.
> I've tried with a simple relations file like this:
>
> type=route & route=mtb { apply { set route=mtb; add route_ref='${ref}'}}
>
> and I have also a simple lines file wich is:
>
> route=mtb [0x16 road_class=0 road_speed=0 level 1]
>
> Running mkgmap with these two files against an Italy extract from
> geofabrik.de, I am only able to see ways wich have "route=mtb" in herself.
> All ways wich belongs to a relations are simply ignored.
>
> I am using mkgmap 1485.

It should definitely work with r1485, because that is before the branches/mp
merge.  (I haven't been able to generate a map for a while, and it is possible
that it has changed something in the handling of relations.)

Can you download a small extract around a route in JOSM, save it to a file,
and have mkgmap process that file?  I can help you if you give me the browse
URL of the way or relation.  For example, here is a route=ferry relation
that I have successfully used for testing:

Best regards,

	Marko