logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit: r1497: Merge the mp branch to trunk.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Jan 19 00:18:44 GMT 2010

Steve,

> Oh OK, I've attached a picture of the worst bit - that is expected then?

Hmm, that's particularly bad, attached is what I get when using
multipolygon (and my h v patch). As you can see, not bad at all.
Zooming in and out doesn't make it change very much.

> I took another look at the NZ maps on your suggestion and there are
> indeed a few artefacts there which look similar.  Interesting.  If there
> is no obvious reason, then reducing the number of sea polygons would be
> a good idea I suppose.

Perhaps, but when there is a lot of islands, you are always going to
get a lot of sea polygons. That is one definite advantage of using
generate-sea=polygons because then you only get one polygon per island
and one sea polygon per-tile (obviously, these may be split if they are
large).

Mark