logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter feature request - clip to overall bounding box

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sat Jan 16 12:54:43 GMT 2010

On 16.01.2010 13:48, Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

>> I'm curious as to why you want this. I added the tile trimming as a feature
>> back in September as a result of a suggestion from Steve and I wasn't aware
>> there was any downside to it:
>>
>> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q3/004080.html  (note the
>> first link no longer works)
>>
> I would prefer my map to have a nice rectangular outline rather than
> being lumpy at the edges so that when you zoom out in mapsource it's
> pleasing to the eye.

Having rectangular outline is worse if you activate several maps on the
GPS IMHO. You might end up with no map data overlaying map data of other
maps. I do prefer a non neat outline too (before it allways caused
problems near map borders on GPS). Best would be a polygon boundary
following the shape of the map like Garmin topographic maps when not
compiling for a rectangular boundary box.