logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] natural=wetland; why is ~ disallowed at top level?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jan 16 11:48:50 GMT 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:25:35PM +0100, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> According to osm wiki [1] natural=marsh is deprecated and intended to be
> substituted by natural=wetland + wetland=*. I think we should adapt
> default polygons style accordingly (see attached patch).
> Regards,
> Carlos
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features#Natural

Committed in revision 1481.

For what it is worth, I was wondering if it would be faster to execute
the style as

natural ~ 'marsh\|mud\|wetland' [0x51 resolution 20]

but mkgmap did not like this:

Error in style: Error: (polygons:64): Invalid operation '' at top level

Why not?  A regexp match with one hash lookup ought to be faster than
three hash lookups and string equality comparisons.

Best regards,

	Marko